Custom orthotics are customized shoe inserts that help individuals restore a healthy positioned foot in addition to proper biomechanics. Custom orthotics keep your feet stable and correct the imbalances that can cause injuries. Many conditions are healed and treated through designed orthotics. There are three main categories in which custom orthotics are necessary:
- Disease process: affects one or both feet when a significant deformity within the bones is caused by arthritis
- Traumatic injury: the injury of one or both lower limbs caused by a car accident
- Congenital deformity: structural deformity present since birth. Example can include someone born with a missed or deformed limb.
Many shoes on the market are designed to fit the “average” person. However, your feet may not be supported adequately because of the unadjusted insoles of your shoes. Every individual has unique feet and varies in posture, size and shape. Therefore, purchasing custom foot orthotics not only helps with comfort reasons but correct any abnormal biomechanics of the foot. As biomechanics of your feet improve, pain decreases substantially.
Excessive pronation or excessive supinations of the foot are main reasons to poor biomechanics. Pronation refers to the flattening motion of your arch while standing or walking. These motions commonly cause tension and worsen pain if you wear uncomfortable shoes. Custom foot orthotics helps correct these biomechanical tensions and helps to reduce your painful symptoms. Reducing pronation is the key to less pain and our custom orthotics Oakville clinic helps to provide that.
Book an appoitment today
Custom foot orthotics can benefit anyone regardless of their occupational background, elderly, children, athletes or any individuals in pain. These shoe inserts help relieve any pain and/or prevent pain and soreness that may affect different parts of the body. The proper support can make all the difference in the world!
After obtaining a prescription from a physician for custom orthotics, your next time would be to book an appointment with a qualified foot car specialist. Here at HealthMax, we have experienced and licensed health care professionals who provide exceptional experiences. Our professionals will guide our clients through an evaluation to ensure that orthotics are the best option and are perfectly designed for you. During the assessments, our providers take into consideration and document your previous medical history, injuries, symptoms and extraneous factors such as your lifestyle and typical footwear.
During the assessment, our providers will observe:
- The overall posture
- Structure, alignment, strength and the range of motion of your legs and feet
- Analyze your symptoms and condition
- Look at your current footwear for exact fit, function and wear patterns
Our All-Inclusive Evaluations include:
- Video gait analysis
- Standing photo analysis
- Orthotic dispensing
- Biomechanical foot evaluation
- Follow u appointment fitting
In order to be eligible for coverage under your insurance plan, orthotics must be:
- Custom-made: designed through raw materials and created from a three-dimensional cast
- Prescribed: by a specified healthcare professional which can include doctor, podiatrist or chiropractor
Some plans allow for other health care practitioners to prescribe. Please contact your insurance company for more details.
- Commercially made products sold over the counters at pharmacies or other retail stores
- Orthotics for sports or recreational activities
- Discounted orthotics or orthopedic shoes
- Orthotics footwear purchased for convenience of general comfort only
If you have access, please visit your membership services website on your insurance website or refer to your employer for the papers to confirm your coverage details.
Call Today at our custom orthotics Oakville clinic for an Orthotic Screening and see if you are eligible for custom foot orthotics!